- “Smart Event Management” – JOSHUA ROBERT SMART, Trading as Smart Event Management (ABN 32 950 945 817)
- “(The) Client” – the Organisation or Person contracting the services of Smart Event Management
- “Event” – a function, event, production, performance, concert, conference or any other activity for which Smart Event Management is contracted to
- “Event Date” – the date of the first day of the event
- “Venue” – the space where the event is to take place
- “Property” – any property being used, hired, borrowed, loaned as well as any other property that is owned or cross-hired by Smart Event Management including buildings, vehicles and equipment from other businesses
- “Invitees” – anyone who attends an event, whether or not expressly invited
- The Total Fee must be paid by the due date as shown on the Invoice, or within 15 days of the event date, whichever comes first.
- If any damage occurs to property through the clients’ use, the client must pay Smart Event Management the cost of any repairs or replacement within 15 days of the event date.
- The client must cover and reimburse Smart Event Management for any losses caused by the client or any invitees, including any claim made against Smart Event Management by the client, anyone connected with the client or any invitee.
- The client will maintain at its own expense all appropriate policies of Insurance for all damage to or arising out of the hire of the property in an amount not less than the full new replacement cost of the property; and for all Public Liability risks in respect of the hire or use of the property by the Hirer for not less than $20 million for any one occurrence.
The client must pay, assume liability for, and indemnify, protect, defend, save and hold harmless Smart Event Management from and against any and all liabilities, obligation, losses, damages, penalties, injuries, claims, settlements, actions, demands, judgement, charges, public fees, suits, costs and expenses (including, but not limited to, legal fees and expenses) of any kind and nature which may be imposed on or incurred by Smart Event Management, relating to or arising out of the use of the property by the client, anyone connected with the client or any invitee.
Loss or Damage
The client must pay, assume liability for, and indemnify Smart Event Management against any loss or damage occasioned to the property caused by the client, anyone connected with the client or any invitee or which loss or damage occurred during the clients’ use of the property or responsibility for the same. The client must return the property at the conclusion of the agreed hire period unless other arrangements have been made in writing with Smart Event Management. By accepting hire of the property, the client hereby enters a contract with Smart Event Management and hereby confirms that you the client has read, understood and agreed to the Terms & Conditions as shown herein.